I like to say things like "it's fine" or "I don't care" about things that actually are not fine and that I do care about. I have a tendency to simply not do or express what I should be doing or expressing.
Well, instead of just sitting here thinking about how bad I am at that, I am going to change it. If I know what is right to do, I am not going to try to convince myself that "it's fine" anymore. If I have something to say or an opinion to express, I am not going to pretend like "I don't care" anymore. It's going to be hard, but it's going to be good. Even the little things I change can make such a big difference.
So I started a couple days ago, and it is already making me feel so much better to actually stop minimizing things that matter to me. Taking initiative and making positive change, even on such a small scale as this, is always a good choice to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment