7.30.2011

Fireworks

Forth of July, fireworks, and family. Sitting around the fire by the lake, like I have every year since before I can remember, watching the light fill the sky, I realized something new.

Family is special because no matter how much you, your life, or your circumstances change, they are always still there. Nothing can change that. My family is full of quirky people, people who have made big mistakes, people who have succeeded beyond belief, people who should be nobody's role model, people who sit behind a computer all day... all these people that would otherwise never talk to one another, but, because we are family, we always get together, talk, share, and accept each other.

I don't know if anybody I call a friend now will still be my friend in 10 years. I don't know if my life will look as promising and hopeful as it does now. I don't know if I will be the same person or make the same kind of decisions. I don't know what I will do to amuse myself.

What I do know is that my family will still be there, no matter what.

We're pretty much stuck with each other, and I am so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment