Notices the post-it note list on my desk “Who are all these people?”
Continuing to pack “Oh, those are the people I am praying for.”
Mouth drops.
Grabs a pen “Oh! Let’s get you on here! How can I be praying for you?”
Taken aback “Um, I don’t know, nobody has ever said they’re going to pray for me before.”
The conversation went on, after I asked her explicitly to just tell me what’s going on in her life and what she was struggling with, I got an answer, and I’ve been praying for her.
But that conversation also gave me an answer. I need to be praying like crazy for people who have never been prayed for. I guess I’m just so used to telling people I’m praying for them and hearing people say they’re praying for me within my little Christian circles, so I forget that that is not the majority of people.
Prayer is powerful, I have seen it in action over and over again and it amazes me every time how God works. But I can’t forget how powerful it is for someone to hear that they are being prayed for. I think, just knowing that someone is praying for you and that you’re not on your own, I think that can change someone’s life, or at least make them think.
No comments:
Post a Comment