11.13.2010

Happiness

I love making people happy. It makes me happy to make other people happy, but what about when I fail? Which happens, of course it happens; it is impossible to make everyone happy all the time. Then what? I wallow in sadness over my inability to make others happy with me? No, that's definitely not the best idea, but it's what I do. I need to learn and accept this reality that making everyone happy is unrealistic and stupid. I need to remember what makes me happy and surround myself with the people who want to help me be happy as I want to help them be happy. Most importantly, I need to accept that it is not going to be everyone. Regardless, I need to remember the things that make me happy (other then happy people.) So I am now going to take the oppertunity to list just 10 things that can make me happy:

1. Swinging
2. Scrapbooking
3. Laughing
4. Good smells
5. Worshiping
6. Beautiful flowers
7. Taking pictures
8. Singing
9. Wrapping up in a blanket
10. Thoughtfulness

So, I have decided to focus on making sure the things that bring me joy, including but not at al limited to these 10, are a part of my life, so that I can be happy, regardless of the people around me, and maybe my happiness will bring some sort of happiness to others.

1 comment:

  1. Your happiness is so contagious! All these blogs have been awesome and just reading them has brought a smile a few times! So heres to your happy making skills! PS heres my list!

    1. Dancing when no ones around
    2. Singing whatever songs in my head
    3. A good park
    4. Pumpkin Pie
    5. Long/good life discussions
    6. Puns
    7. Worship
    8. Laughing with friends
    9. A summer breeze
    10. A hot drink when its cold outside

    ReplyDelete