11.18.2010

I Wonder

I often wonder how people see me.  I mean, people who do not know me, but just see me in passing.  I wonder what they think.
I wonder if my facial expression or the way I am dressed effects their initial reaction to me and thought about me in our moment of passing.
I wonder if I ever make people feel sorry for me, on those days when my hair's a mess and I am running some quick errands alone.
I wonder if I ever irritate people, when I am enjoying my youth and having carefree fun with my friends by laughing loudly and loitering.
I wonder if I am the only one who thinks about people.  I mean, strangers who I in no way know, when I pass them by.  I wonder if they wonder what I think, too.

I wonder if smiling at them would make a difference or, maybe even, make their day a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment