1.07.2011

Happiness is a Choice

I was having a bad couple of days.  No, that's an understatement; I was a miserable wreck.  Everything was going wrong, life was horrible, and I felt that there was nothing to be happy about.  I sat at home in my room alone, and when I did go out I was constantly asked if something was wrong no matter how hard I tried to hide it; told to "stop spacing out, it's freaking me out" by one of my friends; and even ended up crying. Needless to say, it was simply miserable.

So, obviously my mom noticed, and she tried to talk to me.  Even though I avoided actually telling her what was going on, in this time, I realized that I didn't need to be acting the way I was. Even though the situation was not at all desirable, my attitude was making everything even worse.  Being happy is a choice, and one that I had not made the previous few days.  So I decided right then to change my attitude, to stop being so upset, to think about the good things in my life, to do what I can to make the bad stuff better, and just to accept the rest.  So that is what I did.  I started by finding something to be happy about, so I went to see a phenomenal play that evening which, as theatre always does, lifted my spirits.  As for what was going wrong, I just stopped worrying about it, feeling bad about it, and even thinking about it.  I chose happiness, I changed my attitude, and it made life so much better.

1 comment:

  1. Every morning my bus driver tells us to make it a great day. I think its an amazing idea, but you need to have some one to share your problems with as well, big or small, otherwise you will end up with only cats to keep you company later in life.
    =^.^= <-- kitty!

    ReplyDelete