Tomorrow is my 18th birthday.
According to some standards, I will be an adult. This is not a very simple concept for me to grasp, I feel way too unintelligent, young, immature, unexperienced, and full of mistakes to be a real live adult! It is so weird to think about how long ago middle school, elementary school, and even preschool were. At those ages, I could not even imagine being an adult ever. Now, I feel like all of those times, all 18 years of memories, were just yesterday. I feel a little jipped of my childhood. I wanna scream,
"18?! WHAT?! IS THIS A JOKE?! NO! I'M STILL A KID!"
On the other hand, I feel so grownup sometimes. I feel like I know and understand more than a lot of adults do; I mean, I've already had more education than many of them. I feel like I can maturely handle the freedoms and responsibilities that come along with adulthood, and sometimes even get irritated when people try to take over those responsibilities and freedoms for me. I want to make my own choices and live my own life for once. I feel a bit babied. I wanna scream,
"I'M 18! COME ON! I CAN DO THIS MYSELF! I'M AN ADULT!"
Sigh.
Well, at least I can accept that I contradict myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment