I have not had the best week. A lot of things went wrong and I have a milion reasons to feel horrible about myself. Feeling completely down and a little worthless, I ended up in my AP Calculus BC class 7th period.
Just for the record, I have always been particularly good at math and absolutely love it. Never before have I had to put any effort at all into a math class, until this very last chapter. It got hard, and I hadn't paid attention at all in class, had done none of my homework, got a C on a quiz (which seriously never happens to me in math classes), and, on top of all that, was not doing quite as well on math team as I had been in the past. Pretty much, with everything else that was going wrong, math, the one thing that usually went right, was even making me feel like a failure. Needless to say, the way things were going with calc was pretty depressing combined with everything else that was going wrong and the fact that math is usually the one thing I don't have to worry about at all.
Back to today, 7th period, calc room. We got the tests back that we had taken yesterday on all this new material I wasn't really comprehending. I got a 98%. One point away from a 100- just a stupid mistake.
This. Made. Me. So. Happy.
I can't even explain it. I was so thankful. Even though everything was going wrong and I had done a pretty good job convincing myself I am significantly stupider than I always thought I was, it turns out I still have my natural knack for math. I'm especially proud considering how hard other people thought this last test and unit was, yet I just get it.
I know it's pretty pathetic, but this test grade, this reassurance of my intelligence, was the best thing that happened to me this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment