Sometimes I get into this mindset that makes me think
This isn't fair! I worked so hard for nothing! I deserve better! Things work out better for worse people! I am not recognized!
So today, I was doing some reflecting and some thinking, and I re-realized something that I already knew, but I guess had let myself forget about, or I just got so caught up in life that it didn't re-register until today.
I could not be more wrong. I am not a better person than anybody else just because I volunteer insane amounts and am careful to make good, moral choices; I still make mistakes and do what I know I shouldn't. I am so far from deserving anything I have. I could not have done anything that I have done in my life without God. I don't deserve the credit for any of my accomplishments because they all come out of His blessings.
This mindset that I should have makes me think
Why do I get to take a nice shower for as long as I want and as often as I want at any temperature that I want, while most of the world would be happy to even shower at all? Why am I so lazy when I have all the resources I could want to be incredibly successful or change the world, while most of the world only dreams of the privileges of the kind of life I live?
Sometimes, I just compare the little things about myself and my life to the people around me who I see on a regular basis. If I were to look on a larger scale and see the whole picture as I should, I would have such a better attitude.
But, I was right about one thing: this life isn't fair. I don't deserve God's grace that he gives so freely, no matter what I do! I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment