I'm a horrible liar, and I really suck at being fake. People look at my face and can know exactly what I am thinking, and it really doesn't take much effort. It's so obvious when I am trying too hard-- even I notice it after it happens: too much enthusiasm, too much bubbliness. Even this morning, a friend I don't know at all beyond school asked me if I was okay and told me I looked depressed and very upset. He kept glancing at me, worried about me, and I barely even know him, AND I had thought I was doing a good job covering it up! I guess this is actually a good thing; it is a testament to the fact that I really am myself all of the time, but it leaves me very vulnerable.
I think the biggest reason I am even talking about this is that it is just something I never realized about myself. Maybe I just never realized that other people are not like that, or I never thought that it made a difference. Thinking about it, though, I have decided I am quite glad that I am this way. I like being myself, and I like being genuine, and I like the fact that I don't have to lie to people, or, frankly, just can't get away with lying to people!
No comments:
Post a Comment