Thanks to those who taught me what friendship doesn't look like.
But a lot more thanks to those who have pushed me to be the best that I can be and held me accountable when I made mistakes, while loving me all the while and never pushing me too far. Thanks to those who have loved me through thick and through thin, even though I am so much less than perfect. Thanks for giving me hugs instead of telling me what I have done wrong, because we both know that I already know what I have done wrong. Thank you for encouraging me and telling me that I can do what I need to do, instead of yelling at me about everything that I should not do. Thanks for showing me what a true friend looks like, so that I can be a true friend to other people and know that I am actually loved unconditionally.
I think I changed my mind about the thanks for teaching me what friendship doesn't look like. I think I would rather not know, but, now that I do, I might as well learn from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment