When I used to think about the future, moving away, what lies ahead for me, it used to freak me out a little bit. I felt unprepared and like it was too far away- I felt that I couldn't do it and I wasn't ready to leave the life I have always lived behind. So, the thought was exciting, sure, but, mostly, it just freaked me out.
Now, I feel ready. I am ready for new people, new places, and to take my life into my own hands and figure out what is waiting for me. I am ready to say good bye to the people I have always known and loved, to the places I have always considered a part of my home, and to the person I have established myself as here. I have learned from my mistakes, as well as from the things that worked out, and I am ready to start over. I am ready to make a new impression on people who I can call true, lasting friends. I am ready to hold myself to higher standards and reach my full potential. I am ready to spend my time wisely on the things that I will be glad I put time into when I reflex back on how I spent my time. I am ready to submerge myself in a whole new place, embracing the culture and differences, and find a way to turn it into my new home.
I am ready to move on; I am ready to say good bye; I am ready to start over.
despite our differences and everything between us right now... & I'm not even sure if this is about well, yeah you know who I'm thinking of, but if it is... no matter what, don't forget how it feels to be loved, or how it feels to love. I'm not entirely sure of what that's like, but if someone cared about me or loved me the way I know love to be, that must be the most wonderful feeling in the world. Not that you don't feel that love from God, but if you found another person to share that kind of feeling with, it must be amazing. It must be even more difficult to let that go, especially if they felt the same way.
ReplyDeleteThis is very general about life, not one specific person at all, especially not who you are talking about, but yes, I couldn't forget, no matter how hard I try, and it is unfathomably difficult, you're right about that.
ReplyDelete