6.01.2011

We're Family

The only time I was bawling during the last day of school was during chamber choir, and the reason for that is clear in how much it means to all of us. Singing with my 19 new siblings has been an experience that will always hold a special place in my heart because nobody else can understand the bond that we have, and every one of us understands it perfectly. I have never felt the ability to be so completely open and still be so completely loved with such a big group of people as I have with you guys. Tonight at our dinner party, we relived millions of memories, and we were all able to laugh at ourselves, the ridiculous things we say, and the useless things we fight over. I honestly can say that you are all capable of driving me crazy, but, above all else, you are all capable of making me feel completely accepted. Singing together in our huddle tonight made me realize how special our little Chamber Choir Family is, and then hugs that didn't need any words or explanations following brought me to realize how lucky I am to be a part of this family. I will miss spending 4a with you guys each day. I will miss your constant energy, your striking talents, the never-ending laughter you bring me, your welcoming bear hugs, and your inspiring dedication. I will miss it all; I will miss every single one of you. I think that the last song we performed together puts it perfectly: whenever I sing a song we did, there in my heart, there will always be a part of our family. I love you all. Thank you so much for loving me.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I'm going to miss you so much. I think all of us understand what needs to be said but can't be put into words... but I think you put it very nicely. I think we learned to appreciate ourselves as a family rather than just a music making choir... :) I hope you continue with choir in college! I know you can do it even if with your crazy honors classes... you did it in high school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel that was so beautiful and meaningful, and we are all so lucky to be able to make music. This year and all its extra craziness was sometimes only bearable because the people in choir made it worth every minute. I'm going to miss you and all the seniors so much! Love love love <3
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete