Today in the mail, I got a teeshirt from Baylor that reads "I know where I'm going" across the front in baylor's colors. When I opened the package, I sort of sighed and thought "oh, God, I wish."
You see, in reality, I just got a call yesterday from Washington University in St. Louis, a school that I absolutely love and was much higher on my preference list than Baylor, saying that I have been accepted into their school. I guess that means I was at the very top of their wait-list, which is nice to know, but it just complicates everything so much. I have decided on Baylor because I had to make a decision, but I was wait-listed at most of the schools I applied to. So Wash U's call is evidence that I really don't know where I'm going yet.
I wish that life was as straightforward as this shirt declares it to be. Really, nobody ever knows where they are going, no matter how much they try to find out, it's really out of their control. I know it's just talking about a college decision, but I can't help thinking about how presumptuous and impossible that statement is, especially when I have been trying to control where I am going for my entire life. I have no idea in what direction my life will take me; I have no idea what comes next.
"I Know Where I'm Going." If only life was as simple as that.
No comments:
Post a Comment