5.22.2011

Wait, Natural Leader? Me? What?

At my Memphis mission trip meeting on Friday, I sort of took on a leadership role in the group challenges. Later, I was told that I am a natural leader. Apparently, people listen to me and I am good at expressing my ideas. I had no idea. I mean, I could tell I sort of took charge, but I have never been considered a natural leader before, like, the kind of person that other people would follow. My friends usually make fun of me, tell me my ideas are bad, and say that I am illogical. I know they are just playing and still love me and all, but I guess I am used to it and have come to just assume that they are right: I don't ever know what I am talking about and am not a leader.

It was weird. As soon as I was called a "natural leader," I was taken so far aback and felt so out of my element, but, reflecting on my actions, I realized it was actually pretty true. My friends just kind of prevent me from being a leader sometimes, which is fine, but just, I don't know, weird, I guess, to think about.

I guess the weirdest part was finding myself in a circumstance in which when I sort of tried to be a leader, as I often do, but tend to fail due to people just kind of tearing me down, people actually listened to me. People actually considered and respected what I had to say.

Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment