5.07.2011

Out of the Blue

Yesterday at school, I was not exactly doing my best. It got so bad during one conversation at lunch that I started bawling and ran to the bathroom, hoping that nobody would see me. Unfortunately, people saw me. Fortunately, these people took me by surprise.

This girl that I have had classes with all of high school is someone who I have always been acquainted with, we talk and all, but we aren't really friends outside of school. I had to run in front of her to get to the bathroom, so it was hard for her to not notice me. Upon reaching the bathroom, I ran directly into a stall. She showed up a moment later and said "Rachel?" so I came out of the stall with wet, red eyes, and she just gave me a huge hug. She hugged me, bought me cookies, and didn't make me talk about it. She distracted me and made me laugh in time to go to my next class in much better shape. The kindness from her came out of nowhere, but I will never forget it because it was exactly what I needed.

My brother and I are not very loving; we don't really talk unless we have to, and we normally only have to when we're fighting about something. Well, he is coincidentally in my lunch period, and I guess he saw me in my dodge for the bathroom because he approached this girl who is our family friend and instructed her to go make sure I was okay. So she showed up in the bathroom, too, to give me a hug and report back to Nate that I was doing okay. Even though we don't really get along, when it's important, he really cares about me.

This kindness from people that came so out of the blue when I thought that everything could only go wrong completely shifted my attitude and made me feel a lot better. People can really be nasty, but there are a lot of amazing people out there with the biggest, nicest hearts, and I am so appreciative for people like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment