12.19.2010

More Loving

I could take this oppertunity to vaguely write about what is going on in my life without specific references to specific people, but that's not what this is for or how I do things. Instead, I am going to write about what I have learned from everything that has gone on in the last few days.

People, myself included, can always use more love. Showing someone how much you care will, almost doubtlessly, make their day. Telling someone that you appriciate them will easily put a smile on their face. People need to know that you love them no matter what they do and that you aren't sticking around to critique them or fix them or help them, but just to love them. There are people who have shown me incredible, unconditional love, and there are people who seam to be more interested in judging me or fixing me. What I have found is that the people who impact me more strongly and do end up actually helping me are the ones who simply care about me no matter what and are not working to make me a "better person" or judging me for not being one.  So, I am going to try to not worry about the people judging, critiquing, and fixing, but focus on the people who really care about me.

I had the opportunity give that unconditional love and show that I care to someone who was surrounded by people full of judgement, disappointment, and critiques. Love was exactly what she needed.  I've seen that none of the responses she was getting from others were helpful. I've seen simply loving make such a strong, positive difference, making me positive that that is the way to treat people. So, I am going to continue to remind people that I care about them no matter what they do, that I love them unconditionally, and that I am here for them.  I know how much those other responses hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment