12.14.2010

Wasting Time?

It was Sunday afternoon.
I had not gotten enough sleep in longer than I could remember.
There were things I needed to get done.

I went to his house for a few hours in which we cuddled, watched a bad movie, ordered pizza, laughed, and did nothing productive.  Reflecting on the afternoon later, I thought about how wonderful and happy it was, but how much of a waste of time it was. I had things to do. I need to get to bed earlier.  I told myself that it was not how I should have spent my afternoon.

Then, I thought about it again, and realized that it was exactly how I should have spent my afternoon.  I had spent a few hours not worrying or freaking out about anything: something very rare for me.  I had a wonderful time and was nothing but happy.  Best of all, I got to make the person I care about more than anything happy.

Sometimes, "wasting time" is not a waste of time at all, but, in fact, just the opposite.

1 comment:

  1. your last line summaries are the best, it seems like your whole life is a big teaching opportunity! haha i really like your blog =]

    ReplyDelete