12.20.2010

The Lord's Prayer

Today's Christmas devotional told me to rewrite the Lord's Prayer as I would say it and then share it with someone. I am doing that here.  I like this advent devotional because, unlike other devotionals I have done, it gives me good ideas of practical and tangible application instead of just reading. Anyways:

My daddy up in heaven, you are set apart, holy, and your name should be valued and revered. I am eager for you to come down to earth, and I desire for whatever you desire to take place on earth and in my life. I am giving up my own wants. Please give me just the basics of what I need to survive today and provide me with what I expect and take for granted. Forgive me for all the mistakes I make each and every day. I will always forgive others. Help me to avoid temptation and sin to prevent me from doing wrong; save me from the negative influences in my life. Everything on earth, all the glory or praise, and power over everything belong to you forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment