12.05.2010

Learning Lessons

I love teaching Sunday School.  It forces me to...
1. memorize important lessons, Bible stories, verses, and virtues.
2. reflex on how well I live in the way that I am teaching the kids to live.
3. act according to what I teach them because I am an example.

I taught this morning on something that I needed to be reminded of.  The "bottom line" (as it is called in the teach) for today was "you can have joy because God keeps his promises." This was something I had not thought about in a long time and the response to knowing this truth was not present in the way I have been living my life. Memorizing a whole lesson about it allowed me to let it's truth sink in.  I constantly repeated and gave examples of how even when things don't go as expected or you have to wait for something you really want or bad things happen, you can have joy.  That is something I had forgotten. I am so glad that I have th oppertunity to teach kids, while learning for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment